Monday, June 14, 2010

#196...nancy's plumbing pipe console

Remember when I posted instructions on how to make a side table from plumbing pipe? Well, I recently completed a larger plumbing pipe creation for my friend Nancy.
Her console table is about 70 inches wide by 30 high and 16 deep, and really makes the most of the space behind her sofa that is part of her dining room. She requested that I build the table to have a shelf in the middle for storage, which you can see that she is making good use of in the pic above of table sans skirt.

The plumbing pipe and wood materials for this table cost about $150. The 6 yards of fabric that I used to make the skirt cost another $100 and the glass piece for the top of the table cost $60 for a grand total of $310. It is a really large piece and completely customized to her space, and I don't believe we could have found a better alternative for the price.
In the background of this picture you can see the large entertainment unit that she had built. We painted it in Dove Wing by Benjamin Moore and added some seagrass wallpaper to the back panels. The ring pulls in pewter came from this online shop. We are finally ready to start the fun part......decorating it!
With the leftover scraps from the striped table skirt, I made her this round bolster pillow. We are still deciding on window treatments, but in the interim she is using paper Redi-shades, which look surprisingly nice for their low cost.

2 comments:

kim troutman said...

Can you post how you made this table? These are like the exact dimensions I need!

Kathie said...

Same here...I would love directions for this sofa table.