Friday, July 8, 2011

#359...tattooed lion tamer

I've had a crush on fiber artist Mimi Kirchner's tattooed men, since I first saw them on design*sponge a few years ago. I've purchased a few of Mimi's doll patterns like her night friend owl and tiny world, and wish there was a tattooed man pattern to purchase. Mimi documented her process in making her tattooed dolls here and here, and following her photos, I thought I'd try my hand at making a tattoo creature of my own. I decided to make a tattoo lady instead of a man, as I am more familiar with drawing the female figure from my days of fashion sketching. I finished her up in time for the circus themed baby shower we're hosting this weekend, and set her up as lion tamer for my vintage wire lion she just needs a tattoo circus boyfriend....maybe someday I'll get her one of Mimi's men.

No comments: