Friday, March 16, 2012

#461...roxy

I recently completed this acrylic painting of my friend Heather's dog Roxy, who went to dog heaven last year. It is painted on a 16x20 gallery wrap canvas.
This is the photo of Roxy that I worked from
Before doing the painting, I did a small line drawing of Roxy to see how well I could capture her expressive eyes and big ears. Here is the sketch.
I'm imagining Roxy hanging on the wall, keeping watch over Heather's new mischievous blue heeler puppy, who likes to get into everything, and needs a watchful eye.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Roxy looks like a very dear sould and I hope the owner takes comfort in the good times they shared. I am mainly writing in the hope you have recovered from your injury. Your blog is great, thank you for your continued tutorials.

Kelly Timmons said...

I love this. It is such a great replica. I know Heather loves it!