Wednesday, May 23, 2012

#487...sarah's silk shirt

My sister Sarah really liked the style lines of the above silk shirt from Anthropologie, so I decided to try to make the shirt for her.
Step one was to draft a pattern of the shirt, (I learned how to do this when I went to fashion school). Step two was to sew a muslin of the pattern (sorry no pic of this step). We used the muslin to tweak the paper pattern. You can see on the sleeve piece where we cut it, and made the peak of the armhole gather a little wider. I used silk to make the blouse, and since this was a trial run for the pattern, I used some fabric that I have had laying around for awhile. 

Both Sarah and I really like how it turned out. I gave it a trial wear before Sarah took it home.

1 comment:

sewsincere said...

Love the shirt and it is very flattering on you!