Wednesday, March 13, 2013

#597...striped parson bench


Before

My client Holly had this old purple Parsons style love seat bench that needed a face-lift to fit in her new living room. The piece came apart in two pieces and had simple lines, so I took a stab at recovering it.
The first thing I did was cut the old welting off. I decided that the piece would look more modern without the welting, so I did not replicate it....(plus making welting is a pain).


Because the piece sits against the wall, I made the project easier by using the back as a place to staple and attach the new fabric. I had to sew one seam on each the top and bottom piece, but beyond that I merely wrapped the pieces like a gift, and stapled and glued to the back of it.
I covered the back just to make the piece look nicer, but there are visible staples on the back of the piece, so it will need to stay against a wall.
I finished it off with a long bolster made from a scrap of this fabric.

No comments: