Friday, December 9, 2011

#423...bedroom lack shelves

I was taking a few pictures to show a client the floating wall shelves in my bedroom, and I realized that it has been since my 2008 Design*Sponge sneak peek since I have photographed that wall of my room. The shelves are the Ikea Lack, which I mounted, caulked and painted in an oil paint to match the wall color of my room. (Sea Haze by Benjamin Moore). The display on my shelves has changed over the years. I used to just use the shelves to display pictures and knick-knacks, but now they have become more functional and less decorative, as I use them to house some of my photo shoe boxes.

2008

2011

2008...see the shelves in the mirror reflection

2011

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What kind of dresser do you have below the shelves? I really like the look of it.

Christie Chase said...

Hi Toby,
Tyler actually made that floating 9 drawer dresser. It is attached to the wall, similar to how upper kitchen cabinets are attached to the wall. I would think any cabinet guy could build something like it. I painted it myself with oil paint and used some Ikea drawer pulls. I know a good cabinet/furniture guy if you need one.

Christie