Wednesday, February 1, 2012

#443...veggie time

My client and friend Sol turned me on to this local organic veggie co-op. I bought my first box yesterday, and am impressed with its contents.

Here is a list of what came in my box
6 bananas
3 Fuji apples
2 Gala apples
1 Granny Smith apple
1 cucumber
1 avocado
4 oranges
1 red onion
2 tomatoes
14 carrots
4 D'Anjou pears
1 head romaine 
1 bunch kale
1 pint strawberries
1 head spinach
1 bunch green cabbage
1 pineapple
1 grapefruit
1 celery bunch

...........now to figure out what to do with all of this healthy stuff

4 comments:

Teri said...

I LOVE my CSA!!!!!!!!!!! I'm jealous of all the fruit in yours; ours is mostly veggies, but it has completely changed the way we eat for the better. Enjoy!

Rachel said...

Christie - That all looks so lovely!!! I would love to do a CSA but I am too worried things will go to waste, since let's face it, I'd be the one eating most of it. Do you have a good juicer? From what I have read, that is a great way to use up what you have leftover before it goes bad!

Christie Chase said...

Hi Rachel,
Tyler picked this Hamilton Beach juicer from Amazon. So far it is doing really good. It is a little bit of a pain to clean it all the time, but I think all juicers are the same in that regard. We are learning what veggies taste good juiced and what fruits to add to them to make them taste even better : )

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FHQJ6C/ref=oh_o05_s01_i00_details

Unknown said...

Cool! Please send me your veggie/fruit juicing recipes :). We did CSA but I couldn't take it in the winter. We definitely didn't get the good assortment that you got there. It was all winter vegetables all of the time. I do love it in the summertime!!