Wednesday, February 8, 2012

#446...wikstenmade tank

I bought this tank pattern from Jenny of Wiksten last year, and finally got around to testing it out.
It is a really simple sewing pattern, but it employs some of my favorite techniques like a french seam, and bias finished neck and arm holes. You have the choice of making a shirt length tank or a dress length tank. I made the longer tank as a nightie for my friend Nancy from some vintage Liberty of London fabric that I've had stashed for awhile.


My sister Sarah asked me to teach her how to sew, so she too made a tank dress for her first project. I helped her with the curved portions, but she cut it out, sewed the side seams and pocket all by herself. Here is a pic of Sarah's tank. She said she may wear it as a swimsuit cover-up, which I thought a clever use.
There is an entire flickr pool dedicated to the Wikstenmade patterns. Here are a few of my favorites of the tank pattern from flickr.





3 comments:

Rachel said...

What a cute pattern! I love the denim/chambray one from the flickr pool.

Soooo, you are offering up sewing lessons these days in all your free time??? ;)

Christie Chase said...

Come on over Rachel....I'm always up for sewing : )

Janet said...

Wonderful to see someone who still sews and knows what a French seam is!