Tuesday, September 4, 2012

#522...rolling ottoman

We've used a large, vinyl-covered rolling ottoman as our coffee table in our back family room for many years....you can see it hereWe love the function of it, but lately it has felt big and annoying to me. I remembered that I had this smaller foam block in my attic that I got from a client who was giving it away last year.
This past weekend, I recovered it with scraps of black and white upholstery fabric that I had in my stash. I did not have enough of the circle pattern to do the whole block, so I paired it with a herringbone pattern on two sides. I added vinyl to the top of it so that I can wipe it clean, as we often eat meals atop it. I cut a piece of wood to fit the bottom of it, and added these wheels to it. It's smaller size makes my floor space feel bigger, and  it is a lot easier to push around, so I'm happy with it.

2 comments:

tricia @ mash-up chic said...

soooooooooo cute!

Anonymous said...

That's really cute and creative