I have been culling through my old photos looking for creative projects that I have done in the past to share. I came across this yarn wrapped lampshade that I made a year or two ago. The lamp base came from Anthropologie, sans shade. When I first got it, I tried a million different drum shades on it, most being too wide, too short, or too opaque. While in the Goodwill, I came across this old lampshade...a metal cage covered in cream, dirty, thread bare fabric circa 1970's. It cost me $3. I took it home, and realized it was the perfect size for my base. Once I took the shade apart and was left with the cage, I really liked how it looked on my lamp, so I tried to think of a way that I could make the light somewhat translucent and still show the cage. I raided my yarn bin and came up with a skein of black metallic yarn and one with a hint of gold metallic in it. I tied the yarn to the top of the cage and started wrapping, stopping occasionally to try it out on the lamp with a low-energy, cool burning light bulb. This is the end result. It cost me less than $20 to make, and I love how arty and edgy it looks atop my fairly traditional, antique styled base.