Monday, November 16, 2009

#101...birch bark bottles

I was recently in New Hampshire at my grandparent's house, where I collected some shed birch bark in the woods.
This is what the bark looked like when I gathered it from the ground.

I decided to use some of the smaller pieces to make a holiday centerpiece for my table. I cleaned off the back of the bark the best I could, and used my hot glue gun to wrap and glue the bark around these tall drink bottles that I bought at the Goodwill for $2 each. To keep the birch bottle display simple, I gathered some twigs and branches from my yard, spray painted them white, and arranged them in the bottles. I decided to add a small red ribbon ring to the top of the bottle for accent (again using hot glue) and I now have a holiday centerpiece for the next few months that cost less than $10!