Monday, November 30, 2009

#106...the pleasure of pelmets


I am helping my client Sara redecorate her home office/guest room/treadmill room, and I made this window pelmet for her window courteous of these instructions over at Little Green Notebook. The directions are really great, and super easy. I had to modify slightly by adding an extra hook or two on the back of it because this pelmet spans an 80" window. I wanted to create something sculptural and artistic for her so I simply cut circles out of various linens and layered them on the pelmet, attaching with a drop of hot glue. To give it a bit of shine I also added circular mother of pearl shell chips that I had ordered online for a centerpiece project I did years ago. We are finishing up this room in the next week or so, and I will be sharing several other unique, easy projects that I made for this room!

No comments: