Wednesday, October 5, 2011

#394...tidbits from tuesday

Yesterday was a big day................
First....the best thing that happened was my new niece Lyla arrived. I'll be going out to California to meet her and decorate her nursery later this month. Here she is with her big sister Audrey.

Second.....my closet collapsed. The rails spontaneously ripped out of the wall, and took the shelving down with it.

Third....Tyler and I re-financed our mortgage, and with the money we saved I bought a new house.
ok, so it's a doll house.... I found it at a thrift shop, and its the coolest little modern house. It's by Plan Toy. It came with a bunch of furniture including a platform bed, a mod little arc lamp and a full bathroom set! I have no idea what I'm going to do with it. I could enter Emily's "I'm a giant" contest....but I don't quite have the energy for tiny house decorating. I'll just keep it for when my nieces come to visit, and maybe I'll play with it in the interim.


3 comments:

Rachel said...

Congrats on the birth of your neice! I LOVE that plan toy house - I thought about getting for Griffin years ago, but ended up getting their parking garage. Their stuff is so cute...did you get it for a steal? It looks to be in perfect shape.

Teri said...

Tell Julie I said congrats, both of her girls are beautiful! I also LOVE that plan house--your neices will love coming to visit! Have fun visiting your sis!

sol said...

I'm so sorry to read about your closet. The horror!!
And what a beautiful new niece!