Friday, October 28, 2011

#405...slipcovered clock

My week in California is nearly over, and I'm putting the finishing touches on Lyla's nursery and heading home. I made this upholstered clock for the room after Julie vetoed my idea of making a clock with tiny ceramic animals glued all over it. (Sometimes my crafting ideas do go over the top)

To make the clock, I used a wooden painting panel like this. I cut a center hole in the panel to fit the clock parts through and then sewed a simple square slipcover for it that I stretched over it and glued to the back. I was happy to use the last of my stash of Alexander Henry's spotted owl fabric in Lyla's room. It has been a favorite of mine for several years. The side fabric is from Project Runway winner Jay McCaroll's habitat fabric line.

No comments: