Tyler and I just completed this reboot express program. We decided for the new year to challenge ourselves by doing the program, and thought it would be a good way to break ourselves from the burger and dessert binge we had been on since Thanksgiving. The program is only 5 days, so there was no drastic change in either of us, but I have to admit that I feel more energetic and my digestive track has never felt better. I'm not saying I feel energetic enough to run a marathon or anything, but I have not experienced my usual afternoon slump that I usually down coffee to get through. In preparation of the program we did give up caffeine and red meat a week before to get our bodies ready for five days of veggies.
There were several green juices we had to drink.
They were really hard for me to get down.
This Maple and Cinnamon Baked Apples and Pears recipe was one of my favorite of the program. (Probably because it involved maple syrup)
- We spent a lot of time together.... shopping, chopping, juicing, blending, cooking
- We used a lot of veggies that we have only previously walked past at the grocery
- I kicked a cold that has been recycling in my head since Christmas
- I feel more alert and overall better than I've felt in awhile
- It's very time consuming
- There is constant dish-washing of small juicer and blender parts