Monday, January 23, 2012

#439...sarah's chair

My sister Sarah got this cute high back wing back chair for her apartment at a consignment shop.
It was screaming out for some vibrant fabric. I decided to tackle the upholstery for Sarah's chair using some Thomas Paul "hedge" fabric. I am fairly amateur in my upholstery skills and tools. I use a regular sewing machine, hot glue, and a hand held craft staple gun. For clients, I prefer to leave upholstery jobs to the professionals, but for my little sister, I did this pro bono project myself. The finished chair has a few minor wrinkles and mis-cut pieces that I hid with glued on fabric patches, but overall I'm really pleased with how it turned out.

5 comments:

the dowiaks said...

what a happy chair! good job!

Jen Schmude said...

LOVE it!

Janet said...

It looks great! I would delete the comments about the rigged parts.

sewsincere said...

Dang!! That's a good job, Paw Paw!

tricia @ mash-up chic said...

awesome job, and agree with others, if you never said you had to patch, you'd never know - I read that and can't find any boo boos anywhere. What a skill to have as far as saving money!
Trish
www.mash-upchic.blogspot.com