Monday, June 18, 2012

#497...maxi-dress makeover

I bought this Corey Lynn Calter dress at Anthropologie a few seasons ago. I loved the print, but the style of the dress never really worked for me. It was an ambitious purchase with the plunging neckline. It's was way out of my comfort zone, and sadly it never got worn.
I pulled it out of my closet to sell it, and remembered how much I loved the print, so I decided to use the fabric to make myself a Wikstenmade tank from a pattern that I first used here. Here is my new tank.


The dress also yielded enough fabric to make two silk infinity scarves. I am totally obsessed with silk loop scarves this summer. I figured out how to make them a few weeks ago, and I've been whipping them up and wearing them like necklaces over T-shirts. I'm keeping one from this dress print, and I put one up for sale in my Etsy shop here. It has been ages since I put anything handmade up for sale on Etsy, and I'd forgotten how fun it is to list my wares up for sale. I hope to put some more silk infinity scarves up soon!

No comments: