Monday, November 26, 2012

#550...thanksgiving

For Thanksgiving, my family and friends celebrated at my house. The weather was nice, so we ate outdoors. We had the usual Thanksgiving fare of turkey, potatoes and dressing, but I ventured out with a few recipes this year, and added some sides to our meal that I've been wanting to try.
These Thai-spiced roasted Brussels Sprouts were really tasty. Recipe here from OhJoy.
Roasted almonds, (especially these Marcona variety) are addictive. Recipe Here from Cook Like a Champion.
This tofu and veggie infused quinoa salad is really good leftover, scooped up with blue corn tortilla chips. Recipe Here from 101 Cookbooks.

I also made Emeril's Seafood Mac and Cheese. I used pre-cooked frozen lobster from Whole Foods. It was such a hit I did not get a photo of it before it was gone.
For the table setting outdoors, I used some of this boat fabric from Ikea as a table cloth. I got inspired by these linen napkins sold at Heath Ceramics, and serged some neon thread onto blue linen and made some of my own for our feast.

No comments: