Thursday, August 20, 2009

#59...a painting in stages

In January, I was honored to have a write up in the Houston Chronicle covering some of the DIY projects that I have done in my own home. You can read the article from the archives here. (unfortunately no photos are archived) One of the photos featured in the paper was that of an oversized painting I did for my dining room that you can see here.

After the article ran, I got several inquiries about my painting, and was commissioned by a local Houstonian to paint a similar piece for her dining room. This is her painting in stages. I have never taken "during" pictures of any of my paintings, so I thought it would be a good idea to post this, so I remember to do so in the future, as it is neat to look back and see how the artwork evolved.


2 comments:

Rachel said...

Christie - I have always loved that piece in your dining room and was just saying to Vanessa the other day that when I have the budget for it I'd love to commission a similar piece. Belated congrats on the write-up!

Teri said...

Wow! congrats on that, how exciting! Can I hire you from long distance to do my whole house :) ?
I'm living vicariously through Hilary!