Wednesday, January 5, 2011

#282...framing the year up

I bought this pair of wood frames at the thrift shop.
They came with the peeling cardboard boy and girl prints.
Santa left this little Charles Renee Mackintosh mini calendar in my stocking. I decided to frame it with one of the thrifted frames to make it more of an art piece, and so that I could prop it up on a shelf.

I cut a piece of foam board to fit the frame. Next, I wrapped a piece of black ticking fabric over the foam board and hot glued it on the back to the board. The board now fit snugly into the frame. I used a thumb tack and mounted the calendar to the fabric covered board...and here is my finished calendar display.


2 comments:

melifaif said...

Very cute idea...you just don't quit!!!! Happy new year.

Anna said...

you have very cute ideas. I'm feeling inspired! thanks for sharing.