Friday, July 15, 2011

#362...friday deliveries

I dropped off a couple of small client projects today. First up, a fabric covered Ikea spontan magnetic board for a little girl's bedroom.
before
after
This was a fairly simple project. First, I appliqued (see how here)  a letter "e" for Ella onto a piece of green dot fabric remnant. Then, I sprayed the front of the board with this repositionable spray adhesive and smoothed the fabric onto the board. Next, I basically wrapped the board like a present and used a hot glue gun to adhere the fabric to the back of the board.

Next up, my client Carrie asked me to paint something on a plain drum lampshade that she had. The lampshade looked like this......

before
The inspiration for the painted lampshade was this scrap of fabric that Carrie made her window treatments from.

after


No comments: