Friday, June 12, 2009

#28...help!!!!

Despite the circus-like appearance of this tent, we are not having a grand time under this big top.....but a bunch of termites are! If you live in a wood house in the south, at some point, despite your best efforts at pest control, you may find yourself with a wee bit of a termite problem. In that case, a company comes, tents the house, pumps poisonous gas in, and lets it sit in the house for 24 hours, killing every flying, crawling and scurrying critter. This is not a DIY project, and it is sort of a pain to have to undergo this, but it is one of the challenges of living in an older wooden home.
Today, I am experiencing unusual (much like the oddness of tenting a house like a circus to kill bugs), technical, BLOGGING PROBLEMS! For some reason, blogger is only allowing me to upload one photo to my blog. If I try to upload more, it acts normally for the upload, and then the photos disappear when I try to preview or post. It is some weird circus-like vanishing act! I have tried a few HTML tricks that I found on the blogger help forums, but no matter what I do it only lets one picture post.....if there is anyone out there reading this, who has any idea what I am talking about, I would really appreciate any help/advice..... I am hopeful that someone more computer savvy than I can help me sail through these issues with the greatest of ease!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Christie - I have no idea. Maybe something is up with blogger. I usually post pictures to Griffin's blog using Google's Picasa program. It let's you post up to four pictures at a time, which is kind of a pain, but I think it's easier than uploading directly from blogger. If I want to upload more than four pictures, I just "save as draft" rather than publishing and then I copy the HTML post from the various drafts into one post. Hopefully that makes sense. Here's another explanation of the same thing: http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Picasa/thread?tid=5e3c07c4a42a9cb7&hl=en

Even though I use Lightroom and CS3 for my pictures, I like the ease of use of the Picasa program for emailing and blogging pictures.

So, maybe try the Picasa uploader route and see if that works. That's about as technical as I get!!!

Teri said...

Christie--I can only tell you that sometimes Blogger does things like this--however, it is usually temporary....like, the next day I give it a try and it works.
Sorry about the termites! Interestingly, they are bad here in the desert too. It's not if you get them, its when.

Christie Chase said...

Rachel and Teri-
Thanks guys for the advice. I tried the Picasa route Rachel, and it appeared to work at first, but then when I posted, the pictures vanished again. I waited out the weekend, hoping that whatever blogger kink is going on would fix, but it still is not working today : (
I'm going to put some serious investigation in later today and hopefully can find some way to get it back to normal.

Prêt à Voyager said...

oh no! that does not sound fun! hope the little buggers are gone!

anne

almostakbl said...


شركة تخزين
هل تبحث عن مستودع لتخزين الأثاث الجديد الخاص بك ولكن لا نعرف كيفية التوجه نحو ذلك؟ إذا كانت هذه هي المشكلة، نحن لدينا الحل هنا بالنسبة لك. في الواقع نحن سوف نلقي نظرة على بعض من سمات الأساسية التي تشكل مستودع الجيد والمتميز الذي تامن علي اثاثك بة .
شركة تخزين اثاث
وعادة ما يتم إنشاء المستودعات من أجل مساعدة هؤلاء الناس الذين يبحثون لتخزين بضائعهم او اغراضهم مثل الاثاث المنزلي في أماكن آمنة حتى وقت دعت حاجتهم لهذه الأغراض،
شركة تخزين اثاث بالرياض
مستودع هو الخيار الأفضل. في الواقع الأنواع المختلفة من السلع، وهناك أنواع مختلفة من مستودعات المتاحة. على سبيل المثال، إذا كنت ترغب في تخزين المواد القابلة للتلف، وسوف تحتاج للبحث عن مستودع التخزين البارد. ولكن في حال كنت تبحث لتخزين الأثاث بالرياض ، فأنت بحاجة إلى العثور على شركة المستقبل والتي تحافظ على غراضكم امنة .
ارخص شركة تخزين اثاث بالرياض
• السمة الأساسية التي مطلوبة لتخزين الأثاث المنزلي هو أن سقف مستودع ينبغي أن يكون طويل القامة جدا. والسبب هو أن أثاث المنزلي مرات عديدة هي معبأة بشكل غريب، وعندما يتم الاحتفاظ به في وضع رأسي، قد تتخلص ضد السقف إذا لم تكن طويل القامة بما فيه الكفاية. أيضا معظم المخازن تميل لتوجيه لالتهام رسوم مقابل كل قدم مربع. وبالتالي إذا كان يمكنك إدارة لتخزين الأثاث في مستودع امن لدي شركة المستقبل ، سوف تكون قادرة على انقاذ الكثير جدا من المال، شريطة الأثاث يمكن أن تكون مكدسة في وضع مستقيم.
مستودعات تخزين الاثاث بالرياض
• من المهم لاستئجار مستودع وفقا لمتطلبات. في حال كنت تخطط لتوسيع نطاق عملك في السنوات المقبلة، تأكد من إضافة بند في العقد وفقا للاتي يمكنك إعطاء إشعار وإخلاء المبنى في فترة قصيرة من الزمن. وهذا سوف يساعد على توفير الوقت والمال، وكذلك لأن معظم أصحاب مستودع تميل لنعطيه المستودعات لفترات كبيرة من الوقت ولا ترفيه الطعون لفترة
زمنية أقصر.
• إذا كان ذلك ممكنا ثم تختار دائما لمستودع التي يتم تشغيلها تلقائيا. الاستفادة من مستودع الآلي هي أن هناك فرص أقل خطأ أو سوء الإدارة. صالح التكنولوجية قد يكلفك خارج قليلا ولكن عندما يتعلق الأمر بسلامة الأثاث الخاص بك، يمكنك الذهاب، وكذلك الميل الإضافي. وإلى جانب التكلفة، مستودع الآلي تمكنك أيضا لاسترداد البضائع الخاصة بك في اقرب وقت ممكن.
شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض
شركة نقل عفش بالرياض
• شيء آخر المهم أن نتذكر حول مستودعات هو أنها لا ينبغي أن يكون بعيدا جدا من موقع المكتب الخاص بك. يجب أن تكون المسافة بين المستودع ومكتبك الأمثل لأنه سوف تساعدك على توفير تكاليف النقل، فضلا عن الوقت.

مع مساعدة من مستودع الصحيح للأثاث التجارية الخاصة بك، يمكنك التأكد من أن ينمو عملك على قدم وساق وأنت لا يقلق باستمرار عن سلامة البضائع الخاصة بك. وبالتالي الحفاظ دائما على العوامل المذكورة أعلاه في الاعتبار عند تحديد مستودع للأثاث التجارية الخاصة بك.