Monday, June 22, 2009

#31...make a statement baby


Inspired by the hand printing projects in both Lena Corwin's book Printing by Hand, and Lotta Jansdotter's book How to Print with Anything from Potatoes to Linoleum, I started hand printing these personalized baby onesies as gifts for expecting friends. They were a big hit, and people started placing orders. It just dawned on me that I should list them in my Etsy shop. (sometimes I am slow to recognize business potential)

People have come up with the funniest things for me to print on the onesies. The options are really endless. I print on 100% cotton plain onesies that I buy from the store. I use hard plastic letter stamps that I individually paint with
Jacquard textile paint and print onto the onesie. Once printed, the onesie can be machine washed and dried. I like to make a little tulle bag to gift package the onesie in, making it easy to wrap and give away!






2 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

Great idea! You should keep some of these tricks to yourself so that we can't duplicate your efforts and have to buy from you instead. :)

Kristi :)

melifaif said...

I love this! I have wanted to do the same thing for friends, but now I know how! Thank you so much. I adore your blog.