Thursday, July 2, 2009

#34...puppy love

jeannie & me: september 5, 1998
This afternoon, my dog Jeannie went to dog heaven. She was 95, (that's 13 and a half in people years.) It has been one of the hardest weeks of my life, and words can not express how she will be missed. She gave Tyler and I so much love, attention, laughs, and licks over the years and she will be in our hearts forever.

My pets spend their days laying around my studio floor, lazily watching me work on my latest endeavour. Each of them has at some point participated in some DIY project that I subjected them to. Pictured below, is one of the first ceramic pieces that I fired when I got my kiln back in 2001, and it is none other than Jeannie's paw print. She made the bowl as a gift for Tyler for Valentine's Day, and as I dug it out of the cabinet today, I smiled at seeing it, and it reminded me of how artwork often outlives the artist....even the furry ones.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I am so sorry to hear about Jeannie. You and Tyler were such wonderful owners to Jeannie and provided such a loving home for her. She was a lucky dog! My thoughts are with the two of you as you go through this.

((((hugs)))

Rachel

Teri said...

O Christie, I am sooooo sorry to hear that. I still remember when you got her--she was so tiny! I know how hard it is to lose a dog after they have been part of your life for so long. It takes a little time, but the sadness does go away---just leaving all of the wonderful memories. I'll be thinking of you & Tyler!
Teri

Vanessa said...

A little late, bug I am sorry to hear about your furbaby. Hope you are doing better and healing. She looked like a sweet and loving dog.