Friday, July 31, 2009

#45...the greatest DIY library

I think I have made it pretty clear how much I really enjoy design*sponge. And this week it got even better, as they've updated the way their content is archived, making several of their sections, (including my favorite the DIY section) neatly organized on one page. I am so inspired by all of the creative DIY posts on d*s, and pictured above are three miniature silhouette cutouts I made of my pets, following the instructions on the d*s DIY post on custom paper silhouettes. It was so simple, and cost me $0...(not including the frame cost), because I used scraps of paper I had stuffed in my stationary drawer.

On the topic of pets..........

Last year, I painted my first acrylic on canvas pet portrait, commissioned by my friend Nancy. The photo below is of her sweet cocker spaniel Jackson, my subject. It shows him sticking out his tongue (he does this all the time). I have spent mucho dinero in studio art painting classes, both during college and after, so this is not a DIY project for the masses....I just wanted to share the end result, as it was my first attempt at pet portraiture and I really liked how it turned out....Jackson was pleased too!



1 comment:

melifaif said...

What a cutie? I am going to go learn how to make my own framed Silhouette of my daughter! Thanks for the tip...