Monday, April 25, 2011

#330...states & stools

Today is my youngest sister Sarah's 25th birthday, so I thought I'd celebrate by sharing two projects that we recently completed in her apartment.

First up, she has a small breakfast bar hanging from her kitchen counter into her living room. It is perfect height for two short stools. We opted for the Marius from Ikea. I made the stools two small pads using some leftover plaid wool from my fabric stash and two 14" foam circles that I cut out from a piece of 1" thick foam.
To attach the pad to the stool, I simply used a few strips of sticky back Velcro.

The second project, Sarah tackled herself. We found an old paint by number in my attic, that I got at the Goodwill for a few dollars. 
We decided that it would be cute cut into the shape of a state, and hung in a gallery grouping on Sarah's TV wall. She selected Maine as her state of choice, and used this book to copy and blow up her shape to desired size.

She traced the state onto the cardboard paint by number and carefully used an Exacto knife and small sharp craft scissors to cut the shape out. We used sticky back Velcro to adhere it to the wall. Here is a glimpse of it hanging in her gallery grouping.

No comments: