Sunday, November 17, 2013

#386...wood slice cross stitch

I bought this wood slice at the Goodwill a few years ago and recently found it in my attic.
I decided to try cross stitching the word "hi" on it to use as indoor holiday decor.
First, I printed the word in the size I wanted to fit on the wood.
Next, I pulled out my carbon paper, some red embroidery thread and a needle.
I traced the "hi" onto the wood using dot marks.
I should have pressed harder making my dot marks, as they were very faint on the wood.
Using a very small drill bit, I drilled holes through my dot marks.
 I threaded my needle and started cross stitching.
We've been doing a lot of unglamourous household maintenance projects lately getting ready for the holiday home tour coming up in a few weeks. It felt good to spend an hour making something crafty.


No comments: