Wednesday, September 7, 2011

#381...outdoor mirror


I saw an episode of Home by Novogratz on HGTV where they decorated the exterior of their country home in Massachusetts.
novogratz back patio

I thought the use of the outdoor mirror pretty clever, so I headed into my garage and scrounged up an old mirror I had once spray painted gray and then never used, and hung it on the back of my siding.
I paired the mirror with another unused item buried at the back of my garage....the malm occasional table from Ikea. I got the table in the scratch & dent section a while ago. It was in pretty terrible shape (see below), so I lightly sanded it and used a foam roller and exterior latex paint to transform into into a sunshine yellow console.



2 comments:

Andrea @ Life Love Larson said...

How did you adhere your mirror to your siding? Any issues with the wood rotting?

Christie Chase said...

I drilled two screws into my siding that the mirror hangs on. No issues with the siding rotting, and I did use stainless screws. The mirror is slightly protected by an eave, so does not usually get that wet.