Friday, September 16, 2011

#386...marbled jewelry box

I recently wrote this post showing marble paper used as wall art. Well, I'm happy to say that I've found another use for marble paper.........as a decoupage medium. I decided to try it out on this banged-up wooden jewelry box.

box before
I started this makeover by giving the box a couple of coats of white enamel. Next, I cut a piece of marble paper to the size of the top of the box. I used matte Modge Podge to glue the paper to the top of the box. Using the same thin-coat, brushed-on application, I also used the Modge Podge as a top coat sealer for the paper.

box after


The box is going to live on top of my dresser...
...just below my newest piece of art....a watercolor of the exterior facade of 
The Heights library, done by local artist Peggy Hoekman. 

1 comment:

Contract Packaging said...

Wow !! Great design and technique. White color boxes are so attractive eith grab the attention of people.