Monday, October 19, 2009

#90...under the giant moon

Since the weather finally started turning cooler, and daylight is fading, I decided to add a little lighted ambiance to my deck. I had this red wicker candle holder lying around in my garage, and decided to make it into an outdoor hanging lantern. I spray painted it white, and stuffed it with holiday light strands. It is suspended from the rafters of our Pergola, and the cording runs overhead and then down, and plugs into a corner outlet on the back of the house.

It reminds me of a giant low hanging moon. In playing around with the camera settings to get a shot of the lighted globe, we ended up creating these ghostly apparitions....just in time for Halloween!


1 comment:

Teri said...

Ok, those ghosts are kinda cool!
Happy belated b-day to Tyler & thanks again :)