Tuesday, February 2, 2010

#134...watercolor collage

I bought this water color collage piece at a resale shop a few years ago. My Mom always really liked it, so I decided to make her one to hang in her entryway.
To copy the original, I bought a pad of watercolor paper, and colored different sheets of paper with my prismacolor water color pencils in greens, blues, and purples.
To achieve the layered mountains in the artwork, I ripped the colored pieces of watercolor paper in wavy lines and began layering them on top of one another creating the collage.

Once I created a mountain range that I liked I ripped some pieces of printed scrapbook paper and a shiny piece of red foil paper to tuck between the mountains, as in the the original. I then mounted the piece onto a brown piece of artist's paper and framed it.
Below is my piece, hanging at my Mom's house. It was so easy to make, it reminded me of a grade school art project.


No comments: