Monday, January 2, 2012

#430...new year, new reads

"Read more" always lands near the top of my resolution list, as reading is one of my favorite guilty pleasures. The books I read in 2011 were good, but none made my "favorite books ever list". I've been lining up my reading list for 2012, and I made an effort to peruse book reviews, hoping to read some great fiction this year. I put a bunch of books on my Christmas list, and I'm excited to get started reading what Santa brought for me.
Read in 2011
The Inheritance of Loss by Kiran Desai
Little Bee by Chris Cleave
Snow Flower and The Secret Fan by Lisa See
The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck
Loving Frank by Nancy Horan
The Piano Teacher by Janice Y.K. Lee
The Sweet Life In Paris by David Lebovitz
The Catwalk Cats by Grace Coddington
An Object of Beauty by Steve Martin

To Read in 2012
Queenmaker by India Edghill
Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese
The Harmony Silk Factory by Tash Aw
Cleopatra by Stacy Schiff
The Swerve by Stephen Greenblatt
Catherine The Great by Robert K. Massie
The Wilder Years by Wendy McClure
The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo
Wildwood by Colin Meloy

No comments: