Monday, September 27, 2010

#241...mike & kelly's master bedroom

This past weekend, I visited my brother and sister-in-law, and we put the finishing touches on their master bedroom. This room required a lot of vision when they bought the house, as the photos below are what it looked like before they moved in. It was an ugly orange color, with matching lighter orange ceiling.



Starting with some new paint and a new ceiling fan, we decorated the space using re-purposed thrift store finds, and a few hand-me-down pieces. The poster bed was formerly mine, and had been in my garage for years, as it does not fit in any of the rooms in my bungalow. I cleaned up the wood and repainted the iron.
The duvet is by Calvin Klein purchased at HomeGoods, I made the Euro shams using this fabric, and the charcoal beaded throw pillows are from Anthropologie several years back. The bedside tables are thrift store finds that we painted a dark brown gray color. The bedside lamps were also formerly gold thrift store finds that got a coat of cream spray paint and some new light gray shades from Target. The artwork above the bed is a HomeGoods find. The mat on the print was an ugly faux brown color, so I took it apart and spray painted the mat in white and put the framed print back together.


This corner armoire hides the TV. A friend of mine was giving it away, so I took it. I changed the knobs, and painted the piece to coordinate with the nightstands. Below you can see it while I was working on it.


I recovered this chair years ago for a guest room in my house, and it is one of my very best upholstery efforts, so I was happy it could find a new home in their room.

This formerly gold lamp got a green paint job and a cute shade, and helps complete this corner of the room.

Here are few final pics of the room, including some palette knife paintings I did for the entry.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beautiful!!!