Wednesday, March 9, 2011

#309...fiddle leaf fig

I bought a fiddle leaf fig tree at Home Depot for $10, and planted it in my vintage ceramic swan planter.
A lot of designers use fiddle leaf fig trees in their interiors, as the large leaves make a big green impact in a room. Remember when Emily used one in her winning Design Star room?
Here are the care instructions that came with my fig.


It seems pretty easy to care for, but I've realized with house plants, that they can be fickle about their placement.....so here's hoping mine likes its new window. Here are more examples of fiddle leaf figs in designer interiors.



1 comment:

Joie de Viv said...

LOVE these! I've been wanting to get one of these but never knew what they're called! Thanks for the info and inspiration! I'm heading to my garden center now!

xx Vivian @ http://diamondsandtulle.blogspot.com