Monday, March 28, 2011

#318...lisa's nursery

My good friend Lisa is about to have her first child. Lisa's family is from Trinidad, and her whole house has a beachy vibe to it, and she wanted the same feel in her nursery. I did a small eboard for Lisa to help her with some  textiles and furniture pieces that she needed to bring her room together.

....and here is the finished nursery, awaiting its little arrival





I made the window pelmets from burlap, and added white twill tape for trim. I had some sea shell disc slices leftover from a project a few years ago, and they gave Lisa's pelmets some personality. I made Lisa's fishy quilt and chair pillow from Heather Bailey's mendocino line of fabrics (which sadly, is not in production anymore). Lisa's mom found the cute fish lamp at HomeGoods, and the burlap shade was the inspiration for the pelmets.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

beautiful! makes me want to be a baby again :)